Scandic's performance marketing revenue grew by 81%
Scandic Hotels is the largest hotel operator in the Nordic region – with a network of 280 hotels and around 55,000 hotel rooms in six different countries. In 2017, Scandic’s turnover was 14.8 BSEK.
In 2017, Scandic started the year with a heavy focus on online and performance marketing. However, they were behind in headcount to cover all of the initiatives that were planned for the year. Some initiatives had already been initiated and could not wait, as the industry that they operate in is highly competitive online. Scandic had recently signed a new performance marketing agency, while also managing some activities internally, and needed to make sure that the investment and the performance were looked after and followed up on.
Scandic decided to let a consultant fill the position within performance marketing to ensure this department contributed to their overall online targets, while in parallel running the recruitment process. Curamando has experience from managing similar marketing projects and was given the following areas of responsibility:
- Managing Scandic’s performance marketing agency for all of their markets
- Development of META search engines such as Trivago and Google Hotel Ads
- A number of daily operational tasks such as coordinating the performance marketing strategy with the local markets
During 2017, Scandic’s performance marketing revenue grew by 81% from developing existing channels as well as adding new media channels, while maintaining the same high ROI as in 2016. Curamando also supported Scandic with competency screenings for two positions within performance marketing, which were both filled by the end of the year.
Key success factors
- There were clear goals and objectives for the year
- Curamando was part of the client’s team and was allowed to run projects independently
- Close collaboration with performance marketing agency and partners
- Scandic believed that data-driven was the way forward for measurement
- Strong trust from Scandic, which allowed us to make decisions on the go